Sunday 21 August 2011

life in the hole

I have been living in my corps class 3 hole for a week or so now, I thought I'd give you all my first impressions of life in unknown space.

very hit or miss!

I have taken a pvp harby, a amanthea and my pve apoc into the hole but to really do anything well requires more people! I have found a fit for a legion that is supposed to be able to solo any site ( posted to battleclinic by riotrick) but haven't got the money for it yet or the skills.

my pve apoc can handle most of the anom's but is tediously slow and very risky as it's tank is faction fit. every time I take it out solo I sweat bullets lol.

most of my Corp mates that Inhabit our hole come on later than me, normally as I'm thinking about going to bed, some times with an hour or so overlap, which means I spend a lot of time at the pos just waiting.

I often take the amanthea out to scan the hole out or look for raiders but never find much of interest :(

I think life is going to improve in the hole once a few more active members join the group (maybe that are on the same time as me) also one I have finished training for and can afford a legion that can solo the sites as I will be less dependent on others :)

I will persist and find my feet yet!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. Not sure if you cannot afford the Legion or the OP tanks most fits use, but my good buddy Daneel Trevize posted this and it works great in C3.

    http://failheap-challenge.com/showthread.php?102-Legion&p=62973&viewfull=1#post62973

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have to agree about hit and miss!! I just moved into my first hole. Our hole with the exception of ladars and a few regular anoms isn't soloable (besides caps). We really rely on c3 statics to raid and we make some good isk with solo or groups of 2 or 3! T3's def make it easier though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you move to a WH, you aim for a WH that has a static to a class you like. The class you live in is almost irrelevant, as the sites in there will not keep up with even a semi-active corp.

    WH life is a life of raiding your neighbours. If your static is made up of stuff you can't solo, and you're not online with your corpmates, you're going to struggle with WH life...

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally agree. in other news: found some info about on these DUST mercs that will soon be entering EVEspace via twitter. http://tinyurl.com/3jdq3ch the audacity of these consolers! this ZSA is rubbish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had some success with an Absolution soloing C3 sites, but I agree that it's much easier if you have corp mates with you.

    ReplyDelete