Friday 28 January 2011

the darkside

hey guys,
I have been off work most of this week and running a shit load of missions on eve, which has had to great upsides , 1st I had a lot of disposable income to burn secondly I can pretty much go anywhere in high sec now.
so what do I do with my new found freedom and wealth.. why try to get blown up of course.

I logged in today with a plan, a simple easy plan. I have been so disappointed with the quality of ninjas in my area I decided to give it ago for a day. I bought my cov ops up from lowsec bad fit it for speed and salvaging, and fit a harby up as a gank ship with a standard fit.
the first few hours were ok but no one wanted to shoot at me, how dull! anyway I went to make a coffee and warped the Cov ops to what I thought was a age spot, but was infect a warp in for a mission I still had running from the previous night.
-1 cov ops.
bought another one and carried on, still no bites so I moved to deltole in hope of more foolish victims.
20 mins later cov ops 2 goes bang when I am salvaging a mission and the got warps off before I notice!
maybe I'll switch to t1 ships, I figure a probe is fast so fit one to try again... same thing happens ... not my day.
oh well last try, scanned down a raven and a drake and warp in, both sic drones on me straight away and another probe goes bang. but now I have agree can kill them! I warp off and grab the harby.. warp back to the site, no one is there, I feel robbed.
on the off chance I warp back to the entry gate and find the raven pilot in a drake, meh I'll take it..

I start going to town on him as we fight his friend warps back in a pvp ( he claimed pve .. with a scram) and joined his mate.
the harby went pop.
I offered a friendly Gf in local, and got some snotty response's from the disgruntled carebears.
tbh when they wernt at the site I had a feeling they swapping ships but after trying for 7 hours to get ANYONE to shoot at me I wasn't gonna leave them.

My conclusion is while the ninja life is fun(ish) it takes a lot of effort to get anywhere. I did try to get hold of a couple of the blogging ninjas to see if they had any pearls of wisdom but they were all offline.
my advice to anyone looking to get into it, you make more money on lvl 4s and more pvp in lowsec. it may be for you but based on my attempt I don't think it's for me.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

5 comments:

  1. "I have been so disappointed with the quality of ninjas"
    you shouldnt talk, you are just made of fail, in everything you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we all have opinions, thankfully no one gives a fuck about yours :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The point is grieving care-bears, yes you make more money in L4's but missioning is boring as hell and being red flashy to a carebear who may or may not shoot at you is at least somewhat exciting.
    Also some friendly advise use cheaper ships, I use a cheetah to scan but switch to a vigil for the actual ninja work it's 500k if it pops not 20 mil, big difference and the covops doesn't actually do a better a job either (a vigil with 2 nano t1 + coldgas AB does 1500m/sec and has a tiny signature and 150m3 cargo space).

    And yes sometimes you get nothing for days on end, it happens then one day a guy in a golem is so busy typing angry mails to you that he forgets to tank his mission, pops and drops 7 faction mods, you have to do a lot of L4's for that payout and you'll get none of the schadenfreude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. makes sense, do you normally operate solo or as part of a fleet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to run solo, if I have a lot of time to play EVE I may move the Orca alt in and leave it cloaked at a safe spot so I can drop the loot in it and quickly switch ship etc.
    A fleet doesn't add that much since you need to make the care-bear shoot at them too before your fleet mates can return fire.
    Though if there's more ninja's it does help the scanning and there's the social element of all being on voicecomms ofc which helps the boredom if nobody shoots at you!

    ReplyDelete