Friday 13 August 2010

Gate camp ships..

I love my harbinger..It does lots of things i like it can take a fair beating, it is easy to fit, and it has excellent (tho limited to EM/therm) dps. I Take my harbinger out a LOT on battle cruiser roams and have been using it for gatecamp's. However I am considering buying a Prophcy for use on gate camps for several reasons..

1- The prophecy is 15 mill cheaper to buy, thus easier to replace if your camp is rumbled.

2- The tank is FAR higher, while it scarifices DPS it gains a masive boost in tank, making it far more survivable under gate guns

3- The smaller drone bay is not really a downside as i rearly find the need use drones on a gate camp thus 1 flight of t2 drones is more than enough.

4- A launcher slot, meaning i can apply a SMALL amount of DPS from a distance out side the range of my medium pulses.

5- I only lose 1 mid slot, and generally there are enough ships that I can pick between web and scram.

I figure about 30 mill to buy and fit a decent setup...

now to the serious buisness of earning 30 mill ..

1 comment:

  1. I have three races trained and Amarr isn't one of them yet, but I do like the Harbi and consider it the best all around bc in the game. In the hands of a well-skilled pilot it can be a monster. The Drake is better for some things and the Harbi for others, but you can't go wrong there. (I'll find out about the Cane myself next week!)

    But, if you are doing mostly camping, the Prophecy is a good solid choice. You'll get trapped more often though.

    ReplyDelete