Monday 22 February 2010

tyranis and stuff...

I guess you have all heard by now about the new update due this summer for eve..after reading the description i have to say it doesnt stun me...the corrections to lag they should be doing anyway..thats not an expansion. as for the building citys on worlds..i have a gut feeling this is going to be costly..the rewards will be great but i think it will wind up being more of a "as a corp" thing than for each pilot, but hay i may be wrong.
The bit i am looking forward to is accessing my Eve mail through a browser and alike the calender ect.. im really hoping this is going to be jumped on by Roc and the developers of capsuleer to make the iphone app even better than it is now, as they have said they will be opening up access through the API.
But even with this nice little feature it doesnt seem much of an expansion, perhaps in the lead up they will anounce some extra features like new epic arcs or T3 frigate's.

In local news..im finding myself faced with an odd problem..with my some what limited playtime do i focus on money or standings?? at the moment i can get average lvl 2 missions with federal navy, but my standings are rising quickly, however i seem to spend two thirds of my time waining about to run a level 4 in fleet, while the rewards are bigger normally i seem to spend so long waiting for everyone else to arrive or get the right ship with the right fit that i only get 1 or 2 missions done befor ui have to log of and play with the wife.. if i were to ignore the fleets and solo lvl 2's i can run through them like butter and would probably be soloing lvl 3's within a week making about the same amount..am i cutting my own throat being social?

On another subject i made a down payment on the covert ops ship the corps building me last night, have paid 10 mill will pay the rest when the final build cost is worked out. cant wait to take that beast for a tour of low sec..
I also purchased the long over due armor rigging skill (im training lvl 3 as i write this) and should be able to fit t2 armor rigs in 4 days. im hoping to purchace another harby before then and fit it with a passive tank of..

T2 kenetic rig
T2 thermal rig
T2 EM rig

Then in the low all 4 T2 hardners a T2 repper and a 800mm plate ?

Im hoping this will be enough to tank lvl 4 missions if i need to take the aggro but would welcome any advice from anyone that has expirence with armor tanks, specificly with harbingers?

Lastly id like to ask a favour..if yyou read this blog from time to time, add your self to the follow >>>> on the side bar, it helps me see who if anyone reads my rants and makes me feel loved!

8 comments:

  1. Hey Astral,

    Thanks for the love on CK's blog pack post! I returned it in kind! Tho I don't think I will have a chance against the big hitters lol.

    In regard to your harby fit for lvl 4's, this is a Prophecy I built for lvl 4's before I decided to grab a Drake. (Much better IMHO)

    Damage Control II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Medium Armor Repairer II
    Medium Armor Repairer II
    Heat Sink II

    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II
    Cap Recharger II

    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser II, Amarr Navy Multifrequency M
    [empty high slot](Offline Salvager for heat sink)

    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

    Drones are light mission specific and change the EANM II's for mission specific harderners.

    Active rather than passive. But meh.

    On your fit, if you want to go for the Harby Buffer I would make sure you have the Damage Control T2 as it really does help your resists mate.

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks a decent fit..is it cap stable?

    your welcome for the mention on CK's blog..i think he needs some new fresh blood in the blogpack anyway :) hows hanibal getting on with the lvl 4s?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tbh, not well.

    It's a Q-18 and, while I can do it, it's paying the same as the level 3's I was doing but taking longer to actualy complete.

    One of my corpies has acess to high level 4 missions and I'm going to go run a few with him at some point.

    I think I will unfortunatly need to get a Raven for the lvl 4's. Or another alt in a Drake... One or the other.

    as for the Proph, it's got good cap life but not 100% cap stable. I think it was about 5 mins of cap, but you 'Shouldn't' need to perma run it anyway.

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the mention on CK's blog pack revamp mate.

    Running lvl 4's with the drake/myrmidon tanking mostly with the passive shiled drake. I solo some low ene lvl 4's with the myrmidon, which got much easier with t2 resists. Not sure how to advise you on the fit above. I'd echo Mail lite. The drake is a sweet mission boat. Even if I do find the myrmidon armor tank a little more opps proof now.

    Good luck with the fits. Not sure how much you kite when you mission. Moving around and controlling the fight is what I consider the biggest skills needed to solo lvl 4's.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could offer some advice on a fit but I would need your skills - do you have them posted any where?

    If you run evemon you can go to the edit menu and copy them in BB format - it should also work when posting with blogger.

    The dual armor reps will not be cap stable but then you shouldnt be needing to run them non-stop. If you need a bit of tanking advice as soon as you warp into a mission and get agressed then drop a can and set the orbit to 1000 or 2500 (what ever keeps you at max speed) this will increase your traversal thus allowing you to tank more incoming damage.

    Also always use focus fire, by this I mean assign your drones and turrets to things that hit you the hardest first - this will most likely be the cruisers if you are flying a BC.

    PS. posting about your skills from time-to-time will allow you to back track and see how far you have come in the big world of EVE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds an interesting idea..i will try to post my skills over the next day or so, just dont laugh to hard :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I'm so late the comments on this. I originally wrote so much here that I decided to spin it off into a post of its own. The Harbi fit will have a hard time running any level 3's alone. The incoming damage is often at or above 400 dps and medium rep and resists alone aren't going to get it.

    The Prophecy makes a good PVE boat with it's built in resists. Something like the following should be able to quickly mop up level 3's.

    [Prophecy, Tank]

    Medium Armor Repairer II
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
    Armor Thermic Hardener II
    Armor EM Hardener II
    Heat Sink II
    Heat Sink II

    Cap Recharger II
    Tracking Computer II
    10MN Afterburner II

    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M
    Focused Medium Beam Laser I, Multifrequency M

    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
    Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I

    Hobgoblin I x 5

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats a similar set up to the one i use now..
    my proheyscy is using

    6 x focused medium beam laser II

    10mn AB, Cap recharger II, and a X5 protype web

    then in the lows
    EM hardner II
    Thermic hardner II
    Kenetic hardner II
    Medium Repper II
    DC II
    and a 1600 Rolled tugsten plate I

    with 2 ancillery capacitor rigs and a laser rig.

    its tough but won't tank battle ship fire for long

    ReplyDelete