Friday 29 January 2010

The importance of the right corp

Last night i was reminded again what a benifit it is to any player in eve when they join the RIGHT corp...i logged in last night knowing i needed to buy a skill book (still for those poxy t2 lasers..last skill tho) for a few million isk more than i had available at the time, i logged on and within 20 mins was kicked back of due to an emergency patch to repair some POS functions. however on logging back in i was able to more or less find some one to run some lvl 4s with straight away, our illustrious leader reltso..but with him reading this blog from time to time and knowing im always skint, not only does he allow me to run the missions and with him and make some isk myself...he normaly throws a good chunk of isk at me from his bounties as well! it makes you feel like everyone in the corp is looking out for you and helping you to achive. It's not a one way street i will say tho, I would also help any member of the corp in any way i could, either with skill books isk, or just as an extra gun on a rough mission.

the corp i was in before bright star was a nice traing corp but i was obliged to take part in far to many corp ops...most of which were mining, which bores me to tears! however if you didnt attend enough of the corp events you were booted, which i understood and agreed with, the corp have there goals too. however i could'nt commit the time they were asking so i found a more relaxed corp in brightstar tec and have never looked back, i am able to fleet and run missions as and when it suits me ( read when the wife lets me on) and i can take part in corp ops in a similar fasion, of course i will still try to make all the ops but i dont feel i have a gun to my head if i cant make them for any reason. and im hopoing there will soon be a lot more organised corp ops when the move to null takes off.

my advice for anyone looking for a corp or thinking about changing corps is do some research, find out what sort of players are in a corp , what they would expect of you, what you can expect from them? for example a miner shouldnt be joining a pirate corp!!
The best way to ensure things run smoth are dont rush in to a corp, spend a bit of time in the public channel getting to know the members , research any web pages they have, maybe google them see if anyone else had anyhting to say on them, then when your happy join and florish.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Astral,

    A very true post my friend. And it has led me to wonder... While I have all of my toons currently in High Sec or Low Sec I would love to come out and experience a bit of Null sec. I wouldn't want to bring all my chars, just the one (Hannibal Vexor).

    Can you ask your CEO if he would consider accepting my alt into his corp so I could come down with you guys? I am experienced in PVP and Hannibal has 15mil + SP and is a Force Recon, Inty and Cov ops pilot aswell as a Harby pilot. (He also has lvl 5 Cyno if that is useful?)

    Hit me up ingame on either Hannibal Vexor or Mail Lite and let me know who to talk to!

    Cheers!

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. no probs :D odd you posted id just finished catching up on your blog this morning, as long as you not activly pirating with the alt at tho mo shouldnt be a problem, you need to talk to reltso yand on the btek public channel, but ill talk to him tonight or tomorrow and ask him if you can join us, anextra hand with pvp expirence might be very handy indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey,

    No Hannibal is a White Rabbit and not used for PVP at the moment, tho he is skilled up to be used as one!

    My only active pirate is my main Mail Lite.

    I'll join the channel when I get home and see who's around. Hopefully you guys won't be *to* mistrusting of me =D

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  4. they are a good lot, but they did get stung recently so they are a tad paraniod at the moment, as i mentioned but you pvp experince will also make you a big asset to have about, so they may well accept the risk.
    personally hjaving read a lot of you blog id love to have you along to learn from but it isnt my call.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I read your blog post about that so i will understand. I just want to go to null sec with a few blues rather than just trying to go solo and be neutral with everyone and get hunted all the time!

    Oh yeah, if we do manage to catch each other IG tonight I will get you that nasty little Punisher PVP fit. I swear, even in my Thorax, I have never been able to beat that bloody thing!

    Tho now I have T2 drones and soon T2 guns... Maybe I could!

    Lol, anyway it's a great fit, just remind me to throw it at you sometime!

    Mail

    ReplyDelete